Bluffton Public Library's Library Visits Procedure
Library Visits Hours:
Monday-Thursday | 10 a.m.-7 p.m.
Friday | 10 a.m.-5 p.m.
Saturday | 10 a.m.-1 p.m.
We ask our community to reserve 10 -11 a.m. for those 65+ and those with underlying medical conditions.
The library will observe capacity limits, so patrons may be asked to wait to enter if the library is at capacity. Since a limited number of patrons can visit at one time, please keep visits to 30 minutes.
Library Visits Hours are Monday through Thursday from 10 a.m.-7 p.m., Friday from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., and Saturday from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. We ask our community to reserve 10 to 11 a.m. for those 65+ and those with underlying medical conditions. Children ages 12 & under must be accompanied by an adult (ages 18+) who will remain with them during their visit.
Click the graphics below to enlarge.
During library visits, patrons may:
- Peruse the library and select items to check out
- Make black-and-white, single-sided copies on the public copier
- Use a public computer/printer to print black-and-white or color, single-sided
During library visits, the following precautions must be taken:
- We encourage patrons ages 10 and up to wear a face mask that covers the nose. Curbside Pickup remains available for checkout of library items.
- Hand sanitizer is available upon entry.
- Leave any touched items you are not checking out on designated tables.
- Items will be quarantined and library staff will disinfect areas/items that have been used during visits.
- Children ages 12 & under must be accompanied by an adult (ages 18+) who will remain with them during their visit.
- Practice social distancing. All patrons and staff are asked to maintain a distance of at least six feet.
The following library services are not currently available:
- Access to The Shannon Local History Room or Study Room
- Meeting Room Rentals or Usage
- Browsing of Magazines and Newspapers
- Archives of Bluffton News (information available upon request)
- Color Copies
Returns must still be made using the library’s 24/7 Outdoor Bookdrop. This includes items received through interlibrary loan by placing a hold through the library consortium to which we belong. All borrowed library items are to be returned through the outdoor book drop. No returns may be made through Library Visits or Curbside Pickup Appointments.
The library is not currently accepting donations of materials for the Friends of the Library book sales. We thank you for your patience.